Would you like to participate in a Q&A with Dave Cormier?
I am conducting an interview with Dave Cormier for the Journal of Pedagogic Development, an open access journal on whose editorial board I currently serve. The focus of the interview is rhizomatic learning and #rhizo14, the recent open online course he facilitated, in which I was a participant.
We’ve already had a few exchanges and I have a draft interview ready, but I thought it might be interesting to also “crowdsource” some interview questions: give anyone online the chance to ask Dave questions, with the possibility of these questions being answered by Dave on a hangout, or in the text of the final interview that gets published on JPD.
How do I propose to do this? Three possible ways:
1. Pose question as a comment on this blog post (deadline April 24 at 6pm EST)
2. Pose a question on Twitter, using the Twitter handle for the journal @jpduob (or hashtag #askjpd)
3. Retweet or favorite other people’s questions that you would like answered to let Dave and I know you’d like them prioritized
What happens after questions have been posed?
1. I will produce a storify of all the questions, attributing the person asking the questions
2. Dave will select some of the questions and answer them on video. I have given him freedom to choose which questions to answer. This will take place Friday April 25 10am Atlantic time (=9am EST =1pm GMT = 2pm British time) on a Google Hangout hosted by Dave, and facilitated by me.
3. I will take some of these questions/answers and include them in the text of the interview that will be published in an upcoming issue of JPD. Let me know if you’d like to get a link to the published interview.
Special thanks to Sarah Honeychurch who agreed to be my “backup” facilitator in case I have connectivity issues 🙂
Post note, added after the Hangout: here is the link to the YouTube video of the hangout
Here is the Storify of the questions (note that some questions were posted on my .com blog, and some here, as well as on Twitter)