Faculty Workshops at the American University in Cairo (list needs to be updated – below represents a sample)
- Technology to Support Good Practice in Undergraduate Education, faculty workshop, repeated several times Fall 2015-Spring 2016 (with Hoda Mostafa)
- Listen Carefully and You Will Hear, faculty workshop on creative assessment, repeated several times (with Hoda Mostafa)
- Building Community in the Classroom, faculty workshop, Fall 2014
- Co-designed/co-facilitated (with Gihan Osman): Extended Blended Learning workshop Professional Development Workshop, Summer 2014.
- Doing Things Differently: Alternative Forms of Assessment, faculty workshop (with Sherif Osman)
MOOCs & Open Learning
- Co-facilitator of Digital Writing Month (#DigiWriMo) November 2015. I wrote about my philosophy of making this an inclusive MOOC here
- Co-facilitator of #moocmooc Critical Pedagogy via Hybrid Pedagogy (Spring 2015) with other educators affiliated with Hybrid Pedagogy; co-designed/co-facilitated week 2 with Jesse Stommel. See our prompt here.
- Co-designer & co-facilitator of #TvsZ 6.0 (November 2014) with a group of educators from the US/Canada. Nominated for eddies 2014 for “Best Educational Use of a Social Network”.
- Co-facilitator of #ccourses (Fall 2014) with a group of educators from the US/UK.