I’m gonna call this post multi-inspired. Today’s #ccourses #dailyconnect is to “write your community”, and today Howard Rheingold’s interciew with me on DML was published (i am so flattered) – the post clearly highlights lots of my “communities” and the title of his post highlights hashtags… So I am going to “write my community” using an idea i got (but am only tangentially using) from today’s #ds106 which was to create a “bookspine of you”
So um, I thought I would write my community as table of contents of a book… It’s more like a timeline coz i am doing it in chronological order, but if i had a visual option i’d do sthg linking ppl across networks and hashtags. I’ll use hashtags here because it’s simplest?
Title: Power of Social media for the semi-privileged: hashtag edition
1. Joined twitter initially to promote my articles on #moocs #edtech #highered
2. Found supportive PhD community #phdchat, #phdforum, #phdmum
3. #digped the Hybrid Pedagogy hashtag for twitter chats – this journal helped me fall back in love with #edtech, to reclaim it
4. #edcmooc – my first connectivist-like experience, did #readmake 2-day collab novel at same time. Met ppl I still know today like AK, Lenandlar Singh, Sandra (they show up later in #rhizo14, as did Heli, Ary, Maddie). Wrote article w Bard on research done there.
5. #rhizo14 my first full engagement with a cMOOC, using my new blog, joining facebook group, and tweeting. Largest number of new friends in short time who continue to be my community of support long after MOOC has ended (too many to count, some show up again in clmooc, edcontexts, ccourses…). Still working on collab autoethnog w Sarah, Keith, Simon, Scott, Rebecca, Len, AK,…(also did #futureed during rhizo14 w some ppl overlapping both like Vanessa, Kate, and Mark)
6. Met Shyam, wrote articles on HybridPed, started #edcontexts with him and other online friends: Roopika, Clarissa, Tanya, Len, Laura.
7. #et4online virtual conference, met Jim Groom, won top virtual participant, am now steering committee member
8. Some engagement w #octel, #blendkit2014, #nwoer
9. Summer of #clmooc (overlap w #rhizo14 and #edcontexts) and #tvsz – decided to hack the latter w Pete, Janine, Andrea, Lizzie, Christine
11. Fall semester of #ccourses (some #oclmooc, #ce14) which has many members overlapping with #rhizo14 (e.g. Simon) and #clmooc (e.g. Mia, Susan) or both (e.g. Kevin, Terry). Also met loads of awesome ppl i can’t count e.g. 3 Lauras! 2nd Maha! Tania! And awesome facs: Howard, Alan, Mimi, Jonathan, ….. I will miss someone so have to stop
12. Discovering gaming hashtags #gamifi-ed #edgamify #ineeddiversegames
13. What next? #dalmooc and coming soon our new #tvsz and #digiwrimo in Nov, and my class (hashtag TBD)